A warranty administrator ensures that all warranty paperwork is properly documented and that all verifying criteria needed by the manufacturer are processed correctly. The warranty Admin keeps abreast of all manufactures announcements, especially factory recalls. The role involves working alongside the company's accounting department to obtain payments for warranty work. The warranty admin keeps customer and service records organized neatly into a comprehensive filing system to ensure that the company maintains a good relationship with all clients, and to make certain that all payments sent and received are accounted for. Our warranty administrator should have exceptionally high ethical standards.
A warranty administrator should possess strong organizational skills to ensure that all warranty paperwork and documentation are completed and maintained in an orderly fashion. Both written and verbal communication talents are important, as the warranty administrator communicates frequently with vendors and manufacturers to ensure claims are completed in a timely, efficient manner. A warranty administrator must also possess basic computer knowledge and good clerical skills.
This position requires a person who is highly organized and is attentive to details regarding records and contracts. This position requires someone with experience in the automotive industry. This person should possess expert written and verbal communication skills and relevant computer skills The minimum educational requirement for a warranty administration position are a high school diploma or equivalent.
Warranty Clerk Tasks
- Check, verify, process, document and file warranty forms.
- Receive, reconcile and record payment summaries from manufacturers/concessionaires.
- Investigate overdue, unsettled and short-paid claims.
- Record and process claim information to manufacturer specifications.
- Ensure warranty repairs are carried out to customer satisfaction.
- Efficiently review and process warranty claims.
- Document and track claims through completion.
- Ensure claim legitimacy and adherence to warranty agreements and company policy.